Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) has an open full-time position for a Research Scientist and Senior Research Scientist in computer vision and machine learning. We are looking for an outstanding self-motivated researcher with a Masters or Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with a background in computer vision and machine learning.
You will be working with the multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers to conduct R&D in the fields of video analytics, machine learning, robotics perception and AI. We have active research and development projects where we design, integrate, test, and deploy state-of-the-art systems for a range of applications, including image and video analytics, artificial intelligence, scene understanding, perception for autonomous systems, healthcare, training, and simulation.
The desired candidate should have a strong publication record in computer vision particularly in the areas of deep learning, object detection, tracking and classification, segmentation, cross-modality inference, self-supervised learning, activity recognition, facial analysis, biomedical image analysis, and robotic vision. A solid background in programming is important.
CITIZENSHIP / VISA STATUS: Applicant must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
• Conduct research and development in the area of computer vision and image processing
• Design, implement, and integrate computer vision and machine learning algorithms and prototypes
• Interact with and support multiple research teams
• Support program management and business development efforts by writing reports and presenting to customers
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Masters or Doctorate degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, mathematics or other related field
• Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in research, engineering, or research & development
• Proficiency in Python, C++, and MATLAB
• Minimum 3 years of experience with computer vision techniques such as object recognition, segmentation, classification, and tracking.
• Experience with machine learning or deep learning models, such as CNNs, RNNs and GANs.
• Proficient technical writing and strong communication skills
• Familiarity with computer vision libraries and machine learning framework, such as OpenCV, PyTorch, and TensorFlow.
• Experience with geospatial image analysis, biomedical and healthcare image analysis, and embedded vision development.
ABOUT IAI: Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is a technology innovation company headquartered in Rockville, MD, conducts state of the art research and product development in the areas of Robotics, Signal Processing and Control, Sensor Technology, Distributed Intelligent Systems and other areas (visit www.i-a-i.com). We specialize in providing advanced technology solutions and R&D services to federal agencies, and corporations throughout the United States and internationally. IAI's core R&D areas include: Air Traffic Management, Big Data and Social Media Analytics, Control and Signal Processing, Cyber Security, Education and Training Technologies, Health Technologies, Modeling and Simulation, Networks and Communications, Robotics and Sensor Systems. For more information on IAI, please visit www.i-a-i.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. IAI is an EEO/AA employer.
Apply at: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/research-scientist-computer-vision-m…